Download binary on MCU with PICkit 2
Before programming, make sure you have the right hardware revision.
- Download hex file
- Disconnect flap from the power
- Connect PICkit 2 to flap with the ISP adapter cable
Watch the polarity!
- Start the PICkit 2 software
- Click "File->Import Hex...", select the downloaded hex file
- Maybe the "VDD On" checkbox has to be checked
- If you flash the first time, check the "Enabled" checkboxes of "Program Memory" and "EEPROM Data".
If you flash a new version or the same version again disable the "Enabled" checkbox of "EEPROM Data" to keep the settings of the flap (cat id's, brightness level, open time, ...)
- Click on "Write"
- Disconnect PICkit 2
- Reconnect flap to the power